Whether you’re an individual or a business member, the focus on health and wellbeing has never been greater. With growing demands on the NHS, increased awareness about looking after our mental health and the need to support workplace wellbeing, CLA members want access to the latest health and wellbeing advice and services.
At CLA Healthcare, we constantly listen to member feedback and continue to evolve the range of solutions we provide to meet members’ changing needs. We’re pleased to now be able to add health cash plans to the range of products we can advise you on.
What is a health cash plan?
Health Cash plans differ from Private Medical Insurance (PMI) because they are designed purely to reduce your out-of-pocket everyday health expenses. You can typically get back between 50% and 100% of the cost of routine healthcare appointments, up to a predefined limit. Cover can include:
- Dental and optical care
- Specialist consultations and diagnostics (including scans)
- Therapies including physiotherapy, chiropractic treatments and osteopathy
- Health Screening
How does a health cash plan work?
You pay a monthly fee which entitles you to have your routine medical and dental expenses covered (up to a limit). To claim back money on medical expenses, you simply pay the bill on the day and then send any relevant paperwork to your provider to claim the cash back. How much you’ll get back will depend on the terms and conditions of your plan.
What is the difference between a health cash plan and private medical insurance?
Private Medical insurance is not the same thing as a health care cash plan. You may choose to have both in place at the same time. PMI usually covers you for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions, which is typically provided in a private hospital.
In contrast, a health cash plan can be used to pay for ongoing and routine treatments. Many NHS users are still expected to pay for their prescriptions, eye tests and dental treatment. A health cash plan can help fund these sort of routine expenses.
What are the benefits?
For individual members
- With premiums typically considerably lower than Private Medical Insurance, health cash plans can be an affordable alternative
- A health cash plan can offer peace of mind that you can claim money back, up to certain limits, on a range of everyday health treatments
- You can include your family and dependants on your policy
For business members
- A health cash plan is quick and easy to get up and running
- Many employees view cash plans as a valuable perk
- They can help your employees to look after their health and wellbeing
- Health cash plans are a cost-effective employee benefit
Find out more
To find out more about the specialist health cash plan in place for CLA members or to discuss your healthcare options in more detail, the expert team at CLA Healthcare are on hand to help.